2020 Return to School Checklist
PPA Return to School Checklist
The PPA staff hopes you’re having a wonderful summer vacation! We know that there is still a great deal of uncertainty surrounding the upcoming school year…. but, in order to be prepared for the first day, please be sure to follow the checklist below. Along with the information on this page, be sure to read the summer updates from Principal Burgess and attend all virtual parent meetings. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- Know your Infinite Campus login credentials
- If you have lost or forgotten your IC login information, please email the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you, prior to Express Check In.
- Families NEW to the Douglas County School District (DCSD): You will receive your Infinite Campus parent portal login info after July 1 directly from DCSD.
IMPORTANT! Keep the Infinite Campus login information safe and in an accessible location! Parents use these credentials regularly for various school applications during every school year and for summer check in.
- Set up your MySchoolBucks account
PPA uses MySchoolBucks for online payments for student fees, field trips, fines, and lunch. If you did not create a MySchoolBucks account last year or if you are new to Douglas County and PPA, please sign up using these instructions.
- Download the school year calendar and note important dates
- Review and bookmark our board-approved 2020-2021 school year calendar so you can start planning for no contact days, parent teacher conferences, and school breaks
- School supplies
Please hold off on supply purchases until a final Return to School plan is shared. This will likely happen in the next week.
As a result of public health orders surrounding COVID 19 and their related impact on our classrooms, we ask that all families purchase the following basic supplies for their students. As students will often carry their supplies this year, we have reduced these lists from year past, and will be purchasing many supplies to be stored in teacher classrooms for student use.
For elementary students, supplies are listed for each grade level here. These supplies will be used for both academic and encore classes. For middle school students, teachers have asked that you purchase these basic supplies. Middle school teachers will communicate any additional supplies that may be needed as our situation evolves.
- Plan and prepare for our Meet and Greet event
Please plan to attend our meet and greet event on August 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th between 3pm and 6pm. We will divide these days based on last name regardless of grade level. Details on groupings for meet and greet are coming soon! Please be sure to complete the Online Express Check In prior to meet and greet to ensure a smooth process.
Douglas County School District (DCSD) Express Check-In (postponed per DCSD until after July 25)
- Confirm and update all student record information (name, address, contact information, etc.)
- Pay Student Fees
- Reminder that a large part of student fees go toward insurance for the ipad devices that are checked out to students. Additionally, we will be purchasing supplies in bulk for cohorts to store in classrooms, as students are not allowed to share classroom supplies.
- PPA parents will use the MySchoolBucks application to make online payments for the following:
- Student fees
- Field trips (if permissible within health orders)
- DCSD school lunch payments
- MySchoolbucks SignUp Instructions
PPA meet and greets on August 10th through the 13th may include the following:
- Confirmation of student fee payment
- Completion of the PPA Technology Agreement
- Receiving your PPA issued Ipad
- K-8 school photos with Lifetouch
- Drop off medications, signed release forms, and updated immunization records to the health office
- New families and ALL 5th grade students pick up CARPOOL TAGS
- Signing up with SchoolBuzz (required communication tool)
- Information about Clubs, Before/After Care (our Spotlight program), Uniforms, DCSD Nutrition Services and more
- Sign up to volunteer
- Instrument Rental
- Get medications and immunizations ready for school, and get your physician signatures for school day medications
For each K-8 student requiring school-day medications (prescription and over-the-counter), DCSD requires a completed and physician-signed Student Medication form for the current school year. We also require a care plan for students with allergies, asthma, or epilepsy. Please click here to access all forms/care plans. We cannot accept or administer expired medications (check expiration dates) or medications with incomplete paperwork.
- Update student immunizations (incoming Kindergarten and incoming sixth graders)
Incoming sixth graders are required to have an immunization booster for Tdap prior to the start of sixth grade. Incoming Kindergartners also have immunizations which must be updated prior to starting school in August
- Bring all completed Medication Authorization AND all medications (prescription and over-the-counter) in original pharmacy-labeled container OR new and unopened over-the-counter containers in a plastic bag labeled clearly with the student's first and last name to the PPA Meet and Greet in August.
- Get your student uniforms ready
Review the Parker Performing Arts School Uniform policy. Parents can purchase uniforms through these vendors: French Toast or Educational Outfitters. Face coverings or masks do not need to be uniform compliant, but please be sure that they cannot become a distraction in the classroom. If and when dance attire is required for this year (middle school only), Mrs. Peterson will communicate that directly with dance students.
- Get connected to Parker Performing Arts
We like to stay in touch with our families. We update our website and use SchoolBzz to keep our parents informed about classroom events. In addition, Principal Burgess sends a weekly email to families updating them on upcoming activities and events
For updates and photos, follow us on Facebook and Instagram