Gifted and Talented
Welcome to PPA’s Gifted and Talented information page. Here, you will find resources useful for parents and teachers regarding Gifted and Talented Programs.
- DCSD Gifted Programming Website
- Douglas County Association of Gifted and Talented (DCAGT)
- Colorado Association of Gifted and Talented (CAGT)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- Colorado Department of Education - Gifted Information
If you would like to initiate the GIFTED IDENTIFICATION process for your child, please complete the Gifted Identification Referral Form. Be advised, you will need approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete the entire document. There is not a way to save your progress in this form. You need to be ready with your child to fill it out.
GIFTED CHILDREN’S BILL OF RIGHTS:
You have a right to
- know about your giftedness.
- learn something new everyday.
- be passionate about your talent area without apologies.
- have an identity beyond your talent area.
- feel good about your accomplishments.
- make mistakes.
- seek guidance in the development of your talent.
- have multiple peer groups and a variety of friends.
- choose which of your talent areas you wish to pursue.
- not to be gifted at everything.
For questions about our Gifted and Talented Programs please contact Brenda Robinson, Gifted and Talented Facilitator via email at email@example.com or by phone at 720-709-7400.