Parker Performing Arts School Elementary Core Academics (Grades 1st-4th)
All of our curriculum is aligned with Colorado Academic Standards.
Every elementary classroom will have a Teacher and Teaching Assistant.
Language Arts (Reading & Writing)
Parker Performing Arts School Elementary School is unique in that we do not have all day homeroom classes in elementary school in order to accomplish our performing arts curriculum. For example, we do not expect our general academic teachers to be experts and teach the performing arts. Students in elementary school will receive instruction from their homeroom teacher in math and language arts. Students will rotate to different classroom through their "Encores" schedule for instruction in social studies, science, and the performing arts.
PPA will use the following digital curriculum for core elementary academic subject instruction:
Literacy: Journeys by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Full Reading, Writing, Grammar, Spelling, Phonics program
- Interactive, Standards-Based, and Built-in Differentiation
Mathematics: Pearson enVision and ST Math
- Interactive material combining procedures/processes with problem solving and creativity
Science: Pearson Interactive Science
- Interactive/Virtual Lab Experience
- Connects Big Ideas of Science to the world of the student
Social Studies: Pearson Interactive My World
- Virtual Tours and Geography
- Utilizes Storytelling to bring Social Studies content to life!
- Seamlessly connects Social Studies content and literacy instruction, attuned to today’s classroom